What is the Mission of Magnificat?
Magnificat’s Mission is to evangelize and to encourage Catholic women to grow in holiness through opening more fully to the power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
What are the objectives of Magnificat?
Magnificat’s objectives are to:
1.) live out the mystery of Mary’s visit to Elizabeth
2.) help Catholic women to open more and more to the Holy Spirit through a deeper commitment of their lives to Jesus as Lord and to impart the Holy Spirit to one another by their love, service,and sharing the good news of salvation,
3.) provide opportunities which foster growth in holiness,
4.) sponsor the Magnificat Meal, the essential function of Magnificat, and
5.) imitate Mary through spiritual adoption of priest and seminarians.
Magnificat encourages growth in holiness through:
- Daily Personal Prayer
- Knowing the love of God the Father
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord
- Experiencing the presence and power of the Holy Spirit and openness to His gifts
- Frequent participation in the sacraments of the Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation
- Study and daily reading of the Sacred Scriptures
- Love for and loyalty to the Catholic Church as expressed through her teaching authority of the Pope and Bishops in communion with him
- Serving the needs of the Church and the world
- Love and devotion to Mary, mother and model
- Appreciation of the vocation of Christian women
- Reverence for the sanctity of life
- Fostering the works of intercessory prayer
- Promoting unity